It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: POL Progress Update 3/1/15
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:13 pm 
Staff
Staff

Skype Name: joeschmothehero
POL Team: Magikarp
Hey everyone! Sorry for the late update. I forgot that February only has 28 days and got a bit behind ^^;

Things were pretty slow this month. Real-life obligations hit several staff members pretty hard this month, and our lead programmer hasn't been able to get much done. This was a slower month than previous ones (which were already slower than normal), but hopefully we can get things jump-started in March and April. We're all still here and trying as best we can to keep up the work!

Post subject: Re: POL Progress Update 3/1/15
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:13 pm 
Tuber
Tuber

I notice we are getting a downward trend in monthly viewership on the update topics. The push to renew efforts a few months back kicked it up a notch, but it's been downhill from there. I think we need some topics for more community involvement, discussing concerns that both the staff and viewers have, as well as reminders of what needs to be done to reach alpha. You can even talk about the challenges the team is having. A few words, even if meaningless, help to keep interest in the game.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:43 am 
Staff
Staff

POL Team: Axis
I thought about coming back to help but "real life obligations" hit me really hard. $419/m for a car payment, $215/m for full coverage car insurance, and my transmission goes last week. I've been working 50 hours a week on salaried pay, I have a fiancée who I'm actually able to touch and talk to face to face, and more friends than I know what to do with ever since moving back to the city over four years ago. My life seriously got ahead of me, but I'm well off now compared to the poor life I lived back when I was active on POL.

At any rate, I'm posting to inform you that you all are still in my thoughts quite often. I'll be in touch sooner than later, Joe.

Good luck, best wishes. Yours truly,
-Michael

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:55 am 
Tuber
Tuber

If everyone's busy, that's alright. I understand. I've never played POL, but I've been around since '08 or '09. It's honestly the longest thing I've stuck to in my life, aside from Pokemon itself. xD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:04 pm 
Junior Trainer
Junior Trainer

Skype Name: Bullseye52
raulaun wrote:
If everyone's busy, that's alright. I understand. I've never played POL, but I've been around since '08 or '09. It's honestly the longest thing I've stuck to in my life, aside from Pokemon itself. xD

Reading this made me log in again. Skimming over all the threads again, such a nostalgic feeling. I'm pretty sad that this game will most likely never be finished. Was fun anticipating a release though XD (oh man, these emoticons, I love em).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:55 am 
Tuber
Tuber

People on the project alright? Joe hasn't logged in since early April.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:15 am 
Staff
Staff

Skype Name: pkmntrainert
Just judging from the fact that Joe Schmo--easily one of the most dedicated and steadfast contributors over the year, as well as the only one who continually imparted progressional updates to the community--doesn't even routinely log in anymore is really a testament to the stagnance of this project...

While I'm no longer apart of this community or its staff (I nominally may still be, but I effectively haven't been for years), I can't help but lament at the fact that all the meticulous work invested in this project may never come to fruition, being a once-devoted POL loyalist who saw behind the scenes all the workmanship the staff brought to the table that the public didn't even see.

We all knew from the nascent days of the project that this would be a growing pain for the long haul; but if we foreknew that the game would still have no breathing sign of its eventual release by the time that we've all aged into transphasic points of our life (from high school to working full-time hours), it wouldn't have taken us this many years to find new hobbies...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:09 pm 
Staff
Staff

It really is a shame, isn't it, Naero.

I find myself working little over 40 hours a week as a supervisor. I'm attending daily classes in pursuit of my bachelor's degree in I.T. studies for a paid internship I have lined up the day I receive the degree. I was looking to rejoin and help, but life got me, too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:54 pm 
✮ Honored Member ✮

Skype Name: Jesus Hillaven Christ
Not sure if anyone ever sees this, but is there any chance we could get dumps of the resources that were worked on for this project? There were a lot of sprites made and I personally would love to make use of them myself. It's a real shame to see all this work lead to nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:25 am 
Staff
Staff

Venks wrote:
Not sure if anyone ever sees this, but is there any chance we could get dumps of the resources that were worked on for this project? There were a lot of sprites made and I personally would love to make use of them myself. It's a real shame to see all this work lead to nothing.
Perhaps dump the resources into someone with the time, energy, money, manpower AND resources? Make it an open copyright with attribution sorta deal.