It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: POL Progress Update 9/1/14
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:57 pm 
Staff
Staff

Skype Name: joeschmothehero
POL Team: Magikarp
Hey everyone, as has been the case in recent months, not much happened this month in terms of development for POL, and there's not enough to make a full progress update out of. And because of the lack of viewership of these updates and the lack of progress that we're currently making, I might not post an update every month anymore. We'll just have to see how things go.

Post subject: Re: POL Progress Update 9/1/14
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:27 am 
Staff
Staff

This is unacceptable.

Pokemon Team
Typhlosion
Electabuzz
Gengar
Slaking
Marowak
Tyranitar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:03 am 
Junior Trainer
Junior Trainer

Skype Name: Kenfil
Hey so i was wondering about these past few monthly updates where you just say like not much to say (or not much happened) or stuff like that, and it got me wondering are you guys working according to a deadline? Do you have like goals you need to achieve before a certain date? Stuff like that. Or do you just work on it whenever you get the time?

Oh and one more thing, was thinking what is the current estimated release date for the alpha phase? (Then we can start playing and give you guys updates on glitches and errors in the game that you might have missed.)

Kind regards

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:43 pm 
Staff
Staff

Skype Name: blakesalveson
POL Team: Axis
lol Ignite you seem to fail to realize that there is zero structure right now, development pretty much disbanded months ago.

You want people to "come to work" in an abandoned building with peeling paint, broken lights, and rusty chairs, and then be the only person there.

We need Platinum or somebody to come back and remodel the building, and officially reopen it for business.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:29 pm 
Beauty
Beauty

It's sad to see this project slowly going downhill. But I'll keep waiting, even if it takes longer than Duke Nukem Forever's developement time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:57 pm 
Staff
Staff

Blake wrote:
lol Ignite you seem to fail to realize that there is zero structure right now, development pretty much disbanded months ago.

You want people to "come to work" in an abandoned building with peeling paint, broken lights, and rusty chairs, and then be the only person there.

We need Platinum or somebody to come back and remodel the building, and officially reopen it for business.

I already knew that we have no structure, which is precisely why I said that the way we are progressing is unacceptable.

And yes, I do acknowledge that we need an active leader in order to lead the project, but that doesn't mean that the people who are helping with the project should do nothing either.

If the leader does nothing and the people helping the leader do nothing, then nothing is getting done which is exactly why we are at the place we are right now.

And becoming pessimistic about the situation is NOT helping either.

It is my belief that it is better to do something than it is to do nothing, which is why I encourage everyone to become the motivation they are seeking and do SOMETHING.

But in the end, it all comes down to each of us as the staff member to decide whether we want to help or not.

So if we truly want to finish this game, we need to set goals, we need to stop the excuses, we need to keep each other accountable, and finally, we need to keep the LEADER accountable.

Otherwise, Pokemon Online will only be just a dream.

Pokemon Team
Typhlosion
Electabuzz
Gengar
Slaking
Marowak
Tyranitar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:56 am 
Youngster
Youngster

Skype Name: chrisstar10
I don't know if this is a good place to post this, but hearing this news has made me a little bit sad.

I have been around this project since it first started up, I think Pre-Haris, and it was one of the first active communities I joined that got me very into gaming and computers in general. I think I joined when I was 11 or 12 years old. I joined a Team Unlimited and made lots of friendships. I was around for the first "Beta" or whatever it was when everyone was on a single map and could battle each other. I was here when everything blew up, moved forums, again, and again. I tried to help by becoming a databaser and I think I ended up causing more strife because I accidentally leaked a tiny bit of a Dev Skype conversation. Oops... haha. I was here when Luke passed away that still makes me well up to this day when I think about it. I tried to become active again a couple of times, but I was also trying to be "cool" when I entered high school and I wish I would have just been myself more. This project has definitely seen good days and bad. I always check every month for this update Joe is an amazing guy. I know I am kinda rambling, but I hope that this project never dies completely because it has been through a huge part of my life. I actually am going to school for computer science because I have always looked up to this project and have always wanted to create my own game.

Thanks everyone who has had a part in this game. Even if this game never does get finished at least know that you did something positive in someones life. =)

Thanks Pandepic for letting me be a databaser for awhile. Sorry for that leak.
Thanks Luke for being an inspiration for me!
Thanks Joe for being a great friend when I tried to get back into the community for awhile, also I think you are an amazing person!
Thanks Santa, TPM131, light_Fairy, Liteninja (even though you had amnesia or something) and others that were part of the Team awhile ago. I can barely remember
I can't remember everyones name but, Thank You if you ever wrote fan fiction I read a lot of it and it inspired me to write my own, helped me or made pixel art for me, or RPed. I have lots of great memories of this community! I hope this project never dies it means a lot to me!

EDIT: I went through some old posts and lots of great memories have flooded back! I miss the good old days of activity DX

EDIT2: I am about to break down and cry. I really am thankful for all the memories everyone has given to me. I miss light_fairy, and mystik, and neal, and lots of other people it is so fun and hard at the same time to go through my posting history and look at all the posts ;( thank you everyone I wish I could thank everyone personally. I was such a weird young kid.. maybe still now, but no one ever made fun of me for who I was here, how annoying I was, or anything I really wish I could've had half as decent friends in real life. I know this is a little sappy, but I truly feel this way.

EDIT3: Joe I am so sorry for basically just abandoning you one day. I remember that I said I was going to spark activity in the forums again and I burned myself out.
Also I found my old photo bucket. I started an anti-Neal association once. Lot's of memories...

Final edit: if there is still a skype chat going you should add me back to it. Chrisstar10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:48 am 
Junior Trainer
Junior Trainer

This project and community was so awesome in the past. Too bad it couldn't have gotten the help that it needed to be amazing. Hope you guys had a nice summer. =P

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:00 pm 
Junior Trainer
Junior Trainer

Good day Everyone,

I have searched the majority of these forums, this seems to be the most active, so I will plop everything I have to say here.

you can call me MyrmidonX, I have been watching these forums on and off for the past several years. From the first time I searched this, I was thinking wow, this would be the best game ever to play. When I witnessed it start to lose steam I attempted to jump in, but I couldn't pull any weight. I would like to change that now. If it is not too late.

As long as someone has the files for the cosmetics and the coding that is moderately active, there is still hope to make this dream fly.. I have been watching this project on and off for several years now. I attempted to get involved 2 years back, but school got in the way.. Now that it is done, I would like to choose a hobby, this being it..

If we ( being mostly you guys) could delegate a new leader, I am not sure if Pandemic is still running the show or not (or if he ever was for that matter), but This Project needs to fly.. I have been dreaming of something like this for far too long. and from the looks of it, It seems that this team has made amazing strides in terms of Coding, Graphics and Mechanics.

I am not entirely sure of how much of this game is developed to the point of having a running Alpha, This should be reached soon.

I have some Strategic plans that I would like to bring to light for this gig. For those willing to listen, please PM me or create a another session room.

Please do not let this dream die yet! It is now or never folks! It could be brought back now, bigger than ever if we can manage to reorganize.

I posted some skills and interest I have here. ( even though there is a page for it )
Hobbies/ Interest:
Video games: (Pokémon, Aoe II, Minecraft, Majesty, League of Legends, Path of Exile, Tetris, Secret of Mana, Battletoads & Double dragon)
Sports: Rugby, Wrestling, Weight lifting.
Anime: Miyazaki Films, Vampire Hunter D, DBZ

Skills/ Credentials
2007: Vocational school Graphic Design
+Photoshop +Illustrator +InDesign

2013: College Business Administration: B.S. Management
+Consulting +Customer relations +Strategic Management +legal Environment +Creative writing
+MS Office +public speaking +accounting +organizational behavior

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:35 pm 
Junior Trainer
Junior Trainer

I may not have been around as long as the others in this thread, but I will say that I, too, check back every month just to see Joe's updates. It makes me a little sad to see such great potential in a game slowly going down the drain, but I can't say I'm entirely surprised, given how little activity of any kind there seems to be around here.

I've considered offering my assistance as a copy+paster of data, but, knowing me, I'd probably just procrastinate it away or something, so I don't bother. Instead, I remain a silent forum lurker, like so many others. However, I did stumble across an idea as I was typing this for a way to try and dredge up some activity around here again. Before I pitch the idea, however, I want to make sure it would even be something that is possible to attempt.

Recently, I have been an avid participant (and GM of) a handful of Pokemon Tabletop United games on a forum website called The Tangled Web. These games are what have been keeping my interest in Pokemon alive over the past year since I burned out on playing Pokemon Y version. The reason I mention this is because I thought it might be interesting to try and put a simple game together for people to play here in this forum. After all, if you're here, you must be a Pokemon fan, right? Of course you are.

If you are familiar with PTA (or Pokemon Tabletop Adventures), you will find that PTU is a very similar system (it was, in fact, originally a spin-off of sorts from PTA). Personally, I find PTU much easier to understand vs PTA (less number crunching, stats are simpler, etc), but that's my opinion.

The only concern I have is: Does this forum have the capability to perform dice rolls at all? I doubt it, but I figured I'd ask anyway. Regardless of the answer to this question, I pose one more question: Are. You. Willing?