All times are UTC

Post subject: POL Progress Update 10/1/14 [NEWS!]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:56 pm 
Staff
Staff

Skype Name: joeschmothehero
POL Team: Magikarp
Hey everyone!

We've had some significant changes in the past month. It seems that the discussion on the last progress update has jostled some new life into this project. The biggest change is that we now have a new Programmer for the project! Our old project leader and lead programmer Pandepic has stepped down for now due to his new job. The new project manager is long-time administrator Platinum, and Pandepic has passed the programming reins to Gandini, who is newer to the project but shows much promise. He has been working very quickly this month, and he's already gotten a lot of the old code up and running again.

The coding was what was really keeping the progress back, so it's really great news that we're making a lot of progress over there now. The rest of the staff is still working on other parts of the project, so we do have more progress there. Mapping-wise, we're now totally moved onto Sinnoh. That's not the easiest mapping project because we have to convert all of the Sinnoh maps into the POL style that is modeled off of FireRed and LeafGreen.

The biggest project that we have going right now is updating our official Pokemon database to include the newest generation. This is the actual database that the game will read from, so completing it will make us one step closer to having a finished product!

Thanks to everyone who's continued reading these progress updates. Hopefully our momentum will lead us to a strong October as well!

Post subject: Re: POL Progress Update 10/1/14 [NEWS!]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:30 am 
Staff
Staff

I would also like to add that we are also focusing on gathering new Programmers to join the team.

Programmers interested in contributing to this project will need C++ game and/or network programming experience.

If you’re interested in becoming a Programmer for our game, please contact Platinum either through Email or Skype. (Or you can post in this thread)
Email: tenkadigi@hotmail.com

I encourage supporters of this project to spread the word to forums that are focused on Pokemon or anywhere that talks about Pokemon/the games that we need more experienced Programmers to get this game going.

If you need an example of what you should say, here's an example of the ad I put on Reddit that you're free to copy/paste: http://redd.it/2hc9in

Please don't spam your ads. Or feed the trolls.

Pokemon Team
Typhlosion
Electabuzz
Gengar
Slaking
Marowak
Tyranitar

Last edited by Ignite on Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:02 am 
Junior Trainer
Junior Trainer

Hey guys! Its great to hear about the burst of new activity in the development department. I just wanted to drop by and say "Thanks for all your hard (or not so hard) work", and to inform Ignite that I have copy+pasted his message from Reddit over onto The Tangled Web, a forum I frequent for most of my tabletop gaming nonsense.

Here is the post I created just now. I don't know how much attention it will garner, considering its in a sub-forum that most don't frequent beyond dice roller shenanigans, but any attention is good attention. Mainly I bring this up so that Ignite and/or Platinum are aware of it, since they're clearly the ones in charge of this stuff.

Shameless Website Plug (Just a link to the front page of Tangled Web... you know... in case people are interested in d&d or other such things as well... >.>)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:27 pm 
Staff
Staff

Raven wrote:
Hey guys! Its great to hear about the burst of new activity in the development department. I just wanted to drop by and say "Thanks for all your hard (or not so hard) work", and to inform Ignite that I have copy+pasted his message from Reddit over onto The Tangled Web, a forum I frequent for most of my tabletop gaming nonsense.

Here is the post I created just now. I don't know how much attention it will garner, considering its in a sub-forum that most don't frequent beyond dice roller shenanigans, but any attention is good attention. Mainly I bring this up so that Ignite and/or Platinum are aware of it, since they're clearly the ones in charge of this stuff.

Shameless Website Plug (Just a link to the front page of Tangled Web... you know... in case people are interested in d&d or other such things as well... >.>)

Thank you for spreading the word, Raven! By sharing this ad to others, you have helped us out way more than you can imagine!

Pokemon Team
Typhlosion
Electabuzz
Gengar
Slaking
Marowak
Tyranitar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:36 am 
Junior Trainer
Junior Trainer

I'm so glad to hear this. My hope for this project has been boosted for the first time since I saw the progress half a year ago, and I can't wait to see what you guys do now.

I would help out myself but I am still in the process of learning coding and don't have any experience. >.>